September 4, 2011 by News
Castle Ethaia (Eth eye uh) – Place of joining. The joining of elves and men in friendship.
The more I write and imagine life with Aleyne in Ethaia, the more interesting and complex those I create become. It’s almost like they are real and grow life of their own.
- Aleyne (Al-e-yne) Agrurova Esternaea – she was given the name Bladesinger by the orcs because of her ferocity, fearlessness, and skill when fighting. She is the daughter of Eiroa and Aettan.
- Breeze – Bree, a black warhorse. Bree was given to Aleyne by Raul when she was 12, she was the closest Aleyne had to a sister and a best friend.
- Raul (Ra ul) – Raulin Agrurova, Aleyne’s Uncle – He was made Aleyne’s sole guardian after the deaths of her parents.
- Eiroa (Air o a) Airissan Esternaea – Aleyne’s mother
- Aettan (Ay taan) Dianarran Agrurova – Aleyne’s father
- Dianarran (Din ar ran) Ansaldra Agrurova – Aleyne’s grandfather, King of Utonica
- Commander Ameras Trodara (Tro dar a) – Commander of the western fort
- Field Commander Bereis Avandora (Av an dor a) – commander of the kings mobile troops
- Uliana (U li ana) Avandora – wife of commander Avandora
- Alattas (Al at tas) Cenannis Esternaea – Aleyne’s uncle, her grandmother’s brother
- Kaecon (Kay con) Vaelos Leindira –commander of Ethaia’s troups and the castellan of Ethaia.
- Aesil (Ay sil) Aetandira Yaredra “ma” – Kaecon’s wife – She is head of the household at Ethaia. Aesil’s wisdom equals that of her husband, they have both lived long and experienced much.
- Janeyl (Jane ee el) Leindira Yaredra – daughter of Kaecon and Aesil, Aleyne’s first bodyguard and best friend. She is one of few who could nearly best Aleyne in sword and bow.
- Ayondri (Ay on dree) Ianondir Edorielle – Janeyl’s life mate.
- Eleyna (El ay na) Edorielle Yaredra – Janeyl’s daughter. Aleyne’s namesake and godchild.
- Iacaus (Ee ah kay us) Theninanu Arvellon – Aleyne’s bodyguard and life mate. Aleyne considers him her anchor, advisor, and best friend. A bit about Iacaus
- Ibella (I bel la) Aerindara Esternaea- Queen of Aerandora, Aleyne’s grandmother.
- Alirran (Al ir ran) Crialdra Airissan – Consort to Queen Ibella, Aleyne’s grandfather
- Utiatias (You tee a tee ahs) Ornmeleg Armaethor “Utias” – Guard captain and primary arms instructor at Ethaia.
- Gwyneal (Gwin ay ul) Neloth Faelist “Gwyn” – She was a brigade physician prior to joining Aleyne’s staff at Ethaia. Life partner to Utiatias
- Myrran (My rran) Leowyn Issewenna – dark elf runaway slave.
- Kairnon (Kar non) Asorcius Stanaedra – Crown Prince/Heir apparent of Euphica
- Ittarni (It tar ni) Galamell Stanaedra – his brother
- Rhedyn (RHE din) Enacella Stanaedra – wife of Ittarni
- Gwynonwen (gwen ON wen) – their daughter
- Aethelstan (ath-elst-an) – their son
- Corellon – a deity borrowed from D&D Greyhawk: Corellon Larethian, god of Elves, Magic, Music, Arts, Crafts, Poetry, and Warfare.
- Onyx – black male – Aleyne name-bound
- Elias – bronze male – Iacaus name-bound, name-bound of Aettan before his death
- Torry – turquoise female – Ulian’s escort
- Sunny – golden female – Raul name-bound
- Sage – green male – oath sworn of the crafters.
- Smudge – red-black female – Myrran’s sworn, Onyx daughter
- Storm – blue male
- Mickey – brown male
- Honey – cream-gold female, sworn of Eleyna
- Cinnamon – red-orange female, mate to Onyx
- Breeze (Bree) Aleyne’s charger
- Oialev – “forever”, Bree’s filly, sired by Lome
- Entare – “tomorrow”, the mare from the troops at the fort
- Lome – “night”, the stallion given to Aleyne at Escavana
- Eshe – “friend”, the elven-bred filly given to her for her birthday by the troops
- Jester – Bree’s nephew. Myrran’s mount
- Castle Ethaia (Eth eye uh) – Place of joining. The joining of elves and men in friendship.
- Utonica (U tawn i ca) – the kingdom of Aleyne’s father
- Athandraul (A than dra ul) – the palace at the capital city of Utonica. Home of King Dinarran
- Euphica (Ewe phi ca) – the kingdom next door
- Aerandora (Aye ran dor a) – the Elvin kingdom
- Escavana (Es ca van uh) – the capitol of Aerandora
- Ibanthene (I ban theen) – known as the “high city” or “holy city” of Aerandora. The city where all high arts and skills are taught
- Alorana (A lor ah na) – name of the world that the story is told.